HOST FAMILY PROGRAM
Becoming an Internexus Provo host family is easy and will bring you an opportunity to host exchange students from 24 different countries.
Knowing English is an indispensable skill in the world we live in nowadays. With this in mind, Internexus Provo provides English as a second language programs to help people from all over the world to master the English language and progress in their education.
Students from all over the world come to our English immersion school (located by the Neighborhood Walmart on University Parkway in Provo Utah) every year and we would like to offer you the chance to be a part of this initiative by serving as their host family.
Who are the students?
- Typically come for 10 days to 3 weeks.
- Range in age from 13-30 give or take a couple years.
- Go to school Monday through Thursday at 8am (except on holidays) and then have activities.
- Typically they get back at about 5pm.
- These groups are sporadic throughout the year, and sometimes we don’t know if they are coming till about 2 weeks before.
- Come for a longer period of time starting at 4 weeks.
- Usually 18 years of age and older.
- Do not have daily activities
What is expected of the host families?
As an Internexus Provo host family, you should prepare to adhere to the following guidelines:
- We require that you provide breakfast and dinner for the students, and would love for them to eat meals with you.
- They need a room provided with separate beds.
- The Intensive students need their own room, not shared with another student.
- If necessary, provide a ride to and from school.
We want you to include them when you do family activities, and incorporate them into your home like another family member. We ask that you not speak other languages while they are in the home, as part of the program is to immerse them into English to boost their learning.
We hope to have you as part of our Internexus family!